Public Forum > PyroSim

For the Next Release

(1/2) > >>

Charlie Thornton:
The next release of PyroSim will be a maintenance update to PyroSim 2007.  This majority of effort for this release has focused on updating the license system.  We have switched away from the Crypkey license system in favor of RLM.  This update should resolve problems relating to keys expiring too early, site codes constantly changing, and problems using PyroSim on 64-bit OSs.  Also, the floating license installation should go a lot smoother.  We have a number of users (about 20)  already testing out the new licensing system with very positive results.

We are currently working on an automated system that will provide trial users and purchasers with the correct license file.  This should speed up key delivery and also free up a bit of our time to add more fire modeling features to PyroSim.

Under the hood, we've also upgraded to a newer version of our C++ development platform.  That impacts the developers significantly, but users should just notice a subtle improvement in the quality of the software and feature-adding speed.

There will also be a few bug fixes and maybe a couple small new features.  A more complete list will be in the release notes.

This maintenance release should go out in Summer 2008.  Exactly when depends on how long it takes us to work out the details of this automated licensing system.

- Charlie

Dave McGill:
Hi Charlie,

I'm doing 3 workshops in Ireland in mid-July. I'ld like to use the latest version. Will it be available by the end of June?

Thanks

Dave

Charlie Thornton:
Our target date is July 15.  That includes full support for automated node-locked license activation (no email at all to get your license file, everything happens in PyroSim).  However, things are going well and I'm pretty confident we'll have the English-language version wrapped up well before the 15th (e.g. by June 13).

Dave McGill:
Hi Charlie,

Is the new version out?

Thanks

Dave

Charlie Thornton:
In terms of the next version being "out", we're still looking at July 15.  PyroSim is contributing a lot of it's work time to wrapping up the Pathfinder beta right now.  However, I think what we've got will work well for your class.  The remaining work on the list is infrastructure for license activation and management.  I'll send you an email to work out the details.

- Charlie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version