Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Hardware requirements for Pyrosim only (not simulation), Laptop  (Read 913 times)

roborob

• View Profile
Hardware requirements for Pyrosim only (not simulation), Laptop
« on: February 01, 2021, 04:37:45 am »

Hi.

I am considering running Pyrosim (but not the actual FDS simulation) on a Laptop, can you give me some hardware requirements? The simulation will run on remotely on another machine.

OR can anyone give me some examples where Pyrosim is installed and runs smoothly on a laptop/lower power machine.

Thanks.

gabiereholl

• View Profile
Re: Hardware requirements for Pyrosim only (not simulation), Laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 05:47:14 am »

PyroSim has tools to help create and manage multiple meshes. Multiple grids in a model allow using parallel computing to speed up calculations, simplify the geometry to reduce the number of grid cells in the model (thus reducing the calculation time), and change the resolution in different parts of the model. All these calculations definitely need good video resources.

PyroSim supports running MPI in parallel. Parallel calculations can be started simply through a menu command on a single computer with multiple cores or processors. This means that the processor must also be of decent quality. Otherwise, your files can get lost, and only raid configurations can help.