Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 445 times)

seanmj98

• View Profile
Help needed
« on: April 10, 2020, 07:03:56 pm »

I have attached the project I must complete. I am new to Pyrosim and am not sure how to operate the software. Could someone explain how I can determine the height of the neutral plane (the interface between the hot upper layer and the cool lower layer), the upper layer thickness, temperature, and optical density, the mass flow out from the opening, ? (kg/s), and the intensity of downward thermal radiation, incident on the floor.

Dave McGill

• View Profile
    • firemodel.ca
Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 01:45:53 pm »

Could someone explain how I can determine the height of the neutral plane (the interface between the hot upper layer and the cool lower layer

Put a slice file for temperature (no vector) in either the XZ or XY plane. If the upper layer is stable you should be able to estimate the interface height, upper layer thickness and temperature.

and optical density,

Put a slice file for optical density (no vector) in either the XZ or XY plane.

the mass flow out from the opening

Put a mass flow device across the room opening

the intensity of downward thermal radiation, incident on the floor.

Put a radiative heat flux gas device at floor level. The Z orientation should be +1 (pointing upward).

Dave McGill
firemodel.ca

seanmj98

• View Profile
Re: Help needed
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:29:50 pm »

Thank you Dave for your prompt response. I have also posted 2 other questions. If you have time, please take a look. Any help would be much appreciated.