Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Invisible wall between meshes?  (Read 285 times)

Zugin

• View Profile
Invisible wall between meshes?
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:38:21 am »

Hello,
So i have such problem:

I have really huge open space in which I want to simulate smoke spread. In huge shortcut I devided model like this:
1) everywhere near the fire I have mesh 0,4x0,4x0,4, meshes with such dimensions ends on smoke curtain.
2) after smoke curtain I have everywhere 0,8x0,8x0,8.

Here is the problem. The fire spread normally for 100-120 secs. After that the velocities are spreading normally only in my 0,4x0,4x0,4 meshes. On 0,8x0,8x0,8 meshes it looks like the velocities are nearly 0m/s. The smoke on Y visibility slice looks like there is an invisible wall (?)(attached 2 screenshots). After opening my smoke vents (I am opening it by "controler" and deactivation obstacles) and aeration holes it looks like this "invisible wall" disappears ?

Really, I tried almost everything. Changed the meshes dimensions, changed the place, dimensions and HRRPUA of burner vent.

I attached pictures of situation before the ventilation starts and 20 s after smoke ventilation system starts work.

Can you help me? Maybe show me where I am making mistake?

Zugin

• View Profile
Re: Invisible wall between meshes?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 05:04:55 am »

So, I moved the meshes forward (so now, it's not divided under smoke curtain, it's divided further) and here is the result (attached) as I told earlier - 2 meshes. One 0,4x0,4x0,4 2nd one 0,8x0,8x0,8 on their conection the problem occurs.