Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pyrosim, Expand Boundary Holes  (Read 653 times)

Ahmed

• View Profile
Pyrosim, Expand Boundary Holes
« on: December 13, 2019, 05:56:41 am »

alert message notifying me that "pyroSim has detected a hole touching a mesh boundary, which may cause cutting problems in FDS. Would you like to slightly expand these types of holes?" I validate on yes and sometimes no but the result is the same! there is no fire start. what should I do?? I tried the alignment of the meshes no success. mo' model attached.

Jon Albrecht

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrosim, Expand Boundary Holes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 11:53:35 am »

Ahmed,

First, I'm sorry this has sat unanswered for so long. The Thunderhead offices get pretty quiet at the end of the year as everyone celebrates their personal holidays.

I took a look at your model. I believe I can offer some advice. Take some time to understand the mesh. In your model, your mesh size is far too large relative to the geometry. A given cell will eventually be converted to a single obstruction / material type. Throughout your model, you have many cells that intersect as many as three pieces of geometry, that should all be treated as a different material. I believe as your model is currently made, the obstruction that defines the fire is likely too small relative to the mesh to actually exist, and thus you do not see fire.

Ahmed

• View Profile
Re: Pyrosim, Expand Boundary Holes
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 03:04:12 am »

Thanks for the advice, I understand about the mesh now everything's fine. Happy New Year at tous😊