Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Navigating 3D View Feature Request  (Read 119 times)

maguanno

• View Profile
Navigating 3D View Feature Request
« on: August 28, 2019, 01:51:24 pm »

Hi,

I have a request to help improve navigating the 3D view interface. Similar to Sketchup, can you please consider adding the functionality that if "3D Orbit Navigation" is selected, it is possible to toggle to "Pan View" when both the middle and left mouse buttons are simultaneously held down. Once released, the selection then returns to "3D Orbit Navigation".

I find this much easier and faster to inspect and navigate a model with this functionality added.

Also, providing keyboard shortcuts for all toolbar buttons would help to drastically improve the speed that models can be built and navigated.

Thanks! and keep up the great work!

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Navigating 3D View Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 03:01:09 pm »

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, I think you will be happy to learn that if you use the 'Select and Manipulate Objects' tool (instead of 3D Orbit), then the left mouse button is used to select/manipulate objects (and drag select), right-click drag enables 3D orbit mode, middle mouse button (pressing the scroll wheel) enables the pan tool, and scrolling the wheel zooms in and out on the model.

Also, we are very close to releasing a new feature for user-customizable Keyboard Shortcuts.

- Bryan

maguanno

• View Profile
Re: Navigating 3D View Feature Request
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 10:17:38 am »

Thank you!