Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 260 times)

briancohan

• View Profile
Feature Requests
« on: July 26, 2019, 02:11:57 pm »

1. Show occupant counts in groups like Pyrosim shows cells in a mesh.

I know I can select an occupant group and it will tell me how many occupants are within that group, but I would like to be able to quickly glance to make sure occupant loading on each floor is what I expect it to be. I tend to group occupants into floors and then rooms/areas. If the numbers were presented right there, it would make comparing to occupancy calcs much simpler.

2. Allow rooms to be grouped aside from just what floor they are located in.

I do like how rooms are sorted into their respective floors. However, I would also like to be able to group items into groups that are not dependent on floors. For example, I would like to create a group for each stairwell. If I need to update the width for all the stair elements in a given stairwell, it would be nice to have them all under one group rather than having to go by each floor.

3. Add a visual indicator on the Run Simulation dialog box to indicate that the simulation is running or complete.

Sometimes, I do not want the results to show when the simulation is finished. I have the check box deselected. Due to this, I would often fail to realize that the simulation had completed running for a few minutes. It would be useful if there was a visual (or audible) cue that would catch your attention once complete. I'd suggest a faint yellow or gray square while the simulation is running, and then replace it with a bright green circle once the simulation is completed.

4. Negate conflicts with disabled occupants.

If I want to change the occupant loading for a moment to see how it would affect the results, I would disable a group of occupants and then add new ones (which could be deleted later). I noticed in a crowded assembly space that I had a lot of errors due to enabled occupants clashing with disabled occupants.

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 08:35:56 am »

Thank you for all of these great suggestions!  I will convert them into feature requests in our system.