Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Problem importing dwg file  (Read 261 times)

Caterina

• View Profile
Problem importing dwg file
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:04 am »

Hi everyone!
i have some problem when importing a particular .dwg file in Pathfinder. I can't see all the lines that i have in the dwg, and the lines i see are in the wrong place, in some cases.
I tried to change Autocad version in saving the file, and also to pass from .dwg to .dxf, without changes. I tried with other dwg and everything is ok, so i think it is a probelm of the file.
Can you suggest me something else to solve the problem?
Thank you! :)

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Problem importing dwg file
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 08:45:48 am »

It sounds to me like the drawing lines are very far away from 0,0,0 in the dwg file.  After import into Pathfinder look in 2D Top View, at the end of a line closest to 0,0,0 see the X,Y values at the bottom of the modeling window.  If they are very large write them down.  Then, select all imported dwg elements and click the move tool in the property panel at the top, enter the X,Y numbers in the correct fields, but add a negative sign in front of them to move everything closer to the origin point in Pathfinder.  This should resolve any strange graphical artifacts that show up when things are so far away from the origin point (from loss of precision in the floating point data).

-Bryan