Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Nothing Happens  (Read 3146 times)

abmvd7

Nothing Happens
« on: February 15, 2009, 04:07:38 pm »

I am trying to run a simulation on a new building I created using your program.  I imported dxf files and used those to create my floors.  I finished creating all 9 floors and want to start adding people.  As a test, I added just a few people on the 1st floor to make sure the exits worked, but nothing happens when I run the simulation.  The “Run Simulation” window appears but doesn't do much after that.  I have included an attachment showing what it says.  Hopefully I am forgetting a step but I have used the program before and thought I knew what to do. 

Everything works fine when I run one of your test files and even when I create my own test (one room and an exit).  I don't know what I did different.  Any thoughts? 

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing Happens
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:26 am »

Have you enabled the Show Runtime Visulization option in the Simulation Parameters dialog?  Doing so will cause the simulation to be initially paused.  You have to hit the "play" button in the visualization window.   The visualization doesn't pop to the front, you have to go find it in the task bar.  I think we're going to eliminate the "Runtime Visualization" in the final release.

- Charlie

abmvd7

Re: Nothing Happens
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:08:52 am »

That did it.  Thanks.