Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: problem with MISC line  (Read 786 times)

faker

• View Profile
problem with MISC line
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:56:16 am »

When I run Pyrosim, it reminds me that "ERROR:Problem with MISC line",How to solve it?

faker

• View Profile
??: ??????
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 09:26:00 am »

This is my source file.I came up with this problem when I imported the FDS file from the high version pyrosim and imported it into a low version.

Jon Albrecht

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: problem with MISC line
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 03:12:15 pm »

faker,

I am able to import and run your FDS model while working with our internal, nightly build. I'm afraid you will need to provide some more information about the versions you are working with, and what the expectation is.

On a very basic level, your MISC line is as follows:

&MISC Y_O2_INFTY=0.23/

Is the variable Y_O2_INFTY supported in the FDS version you are working with? Are any error messages or warnings provided when you import the FDS file? Each release of PyroSim only officially supports a single version of FDS, as the simulator continues to evolve side-by-side with PyroSim. While we attempt to simplify the use of FDS, it is ultimately the user's responsibility to understand the limitations of the simulator. Will look forward to a follow up.

Regards,

Jon

Jon Albrecht

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »

Based on the question in your other thread, you are working with a version of PyroSim no newer than PyroSim 2012. That version of PyroSim supports FDS5. Over the last six years, FDS has continued to evolve as a simulator, adding to and improving upon the simulation tools offered six years ago. Simply put, you will not have much look trying to import an FDS file designed for the current simulator into a preprocessor designed for a six year old version of the simulator. You will need to either get the latest version of PyroSim or become comfortable working with FDS files without the convenience of a preprocessor.

JohnWick7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 01:09:40 am »

I have the same problem.