Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: CTRL to open doors not working  (Read 653 times)

christofer.wickmark

• View Profile
CTRL to open doors not working
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:18:20 pm »

I have a very strange problem where I have a set of train doors that are set to open on a specific time, at 180 s. Very straight forward with a control function to activate the doors. The doors are holes, but due to the geometry I think Pyrosim creates obstructions instead that it removes.

The problem is that out of several doors only a few open even though they are on the same control-function. I have tried widening the holes and creating only one control-function even though some of the doors are disabled in certain scenarios. I have done these type of control-functions several times before without problems.

I have attached a simplified .psm I used to run some tests without being able to solve the issue. Any help is appreciated.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: CTRL to open doors not working
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 01:47:00 pm »

I checked out your model and the problem you are seeing is a PyroSim bug relating to (a) a special approach we take to writing holes with control logic for the PyroGeom output file and (b) "thin" walls.

It looks like you can work around the problem by giving the wall some thickness (e.g. 0.1 meter) or by de-activating the Output PyroGeom checkbox in Preferences/Results.

I've added a case to our issue tracker to fix the bug.

christofer.wickmark

• View Profile
Re: CTRL to open doors not working
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:37 am »

Thank you for the reply. I managed with a workaround by instead creating a duplicate wall that did not permit holes, and then removing that at the set time with a control-function. I will try both of your sugestions however and report back with the results.