Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Change occupant speed  (Read 2770 times)

Boehmer

• View Profile
Change occupant speed
« on: March 26, 2015, 01:32:50 pm »

Hello,

I would like to change the travel speed of occupants at some point during the simulation, so they go from walking to running based on some time or other trigger. Is this currently possible in Pathfinder?

Failing that I have thought of a workaround, but not sure if it's possible; Run one simulation where the occupants are walking up to the desired trigger time, export the occupant locations and import that into a second model where their speed is changed to running and continue the simulation? I have not been able to find the occupant locations in any of the output files though.

Will any of these options work?
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:04:43 pm by Boehmer »

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Change occupant speed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:16:45 pm »

Hello,

You can set a time based speed modification for the walking surfaces in a model.
See the attached screenshot to see the Speed Modification dialog.

You can enter a time and a fraction of the occupants max speed to impose a slowing or a speed up effect, a value of 1.0 is 100% of the occupant's max speed.  >1.0 would increase speed, <1.0 would reduce it.  If the modifier is set at 0.0 then occupants would avoid using that surface to navigate to an exit or goal.  This is a good way to remove an area of the model from use during the simulation.

Best Regards,
-Bryan Klein

bogdaniel

• View Profile
Change occupant speed
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:48:24 am »

Hello,

It is possibile in Pathfinder to modify the speed of occupants when they travel specific portions of the building? For example i would like them to travel with the speed of 0,4 m/s on the level terrain and with the speed of 0,3 m/s on the stairs.

Thank you.

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 03:58:59 pm »

Yes, these settings would be under the occupant 'Profile'.  See 'Advanced Speed Properties' section in the Pathfinder Manual.

-Bryan

Murtaza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:44:30 pm »

I don't fully understand how to set the time for Speed Modifier. Can you please explain how PathFinder will interpret the input that I have provided (please check the attached image).
And I see that there is also an option for setting the speed modifier for Stairs. If I set the speed modifier, will it work? since the speed modification due to density is also acting here.
Thanks in advance. :)