Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Fireball after pool fire  (Read 739 times)

ankur7680

• View Profile
Fireball after pool fire
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:02:19 am »

Consider there is a drum containing some mass (160kgs) of a liquid fuel(e.g. DTBP, density-800 kg/m^3, vapor density=5.1 kg/m^3). This drum is heated by an external fire source. Initially when the temperature was less DTBP burn like a Pool Fire with different heat release rate values and when the temperature of fuel inside drum reaches the certain value, all DTBP flashes off and a fireball is created.

In Pyrosim how to model this kind of phenomenon? Please explain ASAP. 

dar123

• View Profile
Re: Fireball after pool fire
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 05:37:07 pm »

Maybe you can search for information about the flashover phenomenon. I have never simulated it.

If you only want to change the HRR in function of time, is easy, you can create a burner and define a fire curve, Hrr in function of fire.

To see the "explosion" I would try to do a very thin mesh in the cilinder location and a coarse mesh in the rest of domain.

If your purpose is to collect the temperature inside the cilinder, you can put a device. I've never tried it, but with a very thin mesh I think you could do that. Afterwards, depending on the device temperature you could program to appear a surface with a HRR curve and when the second temperature is reached, make the first one disappear and enable a second one, more powerful. I think it's not easy, but it could be tried.