Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Temperature goes down  (Read 781 times)

miguerg93

• View Profile
Temperature goes down
« on: February 14, 2018, 09:13:53 am »

Hello,

I am working on a project for college and I have encountered one problem that I can't solve. For this project, I have to create a room, set a fire somewhere in there and measure some data, like, for example, visibility, smoke free layer height, temperature close to the ceiling and temperature at 0.5m from the floor. I've put some layer zoning devices in the room, but I can't get temperature to raise as it should. Lower temperature (at 0.5m) always goes down, starting at 20ºC and reaching 10ºC. Meanwhile, upper temperature usually starts going down, then raises, but never above somewhere around 70ºC in a 300s simulation, not even the ones really close to the ignition point. The rest of the measurements are fine enough.

I've read many tutorials on the thunderhead engineering page, followed the steps, but with the geometrical characteristics of my project, but the result is always the same. All the walls, the floor and the ceiling, are properly designed with their correspondant surfaces and materials. The fire is modeled entering a value for the HRRPUA, leaving the rest of the input at default values.

The purpose of this project is mostly to introduce students to FDS, so the solution shouldn't be too complicated, but I can't seem to find it. I don't know if I should provide more information so that you people can help me, if so, please ask for it.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.  ;)