Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: FDS Model - Multi-Criteria detectors  (Read 993 times)

alexkam

• View Profile
FDS Model - Multi-Criteria detectors
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:36:17 am »

Hi there,

Am new to FDS, but am currently needing to use Pyrosim to build a model including multi-criteria detectors in a theatre (see attached).

As far as I'm aware, multi-criteria detectors are not an available device within FDS, and as such I have tried to simulate them using heat & smoke detectors together. I have four (4) sets of Heat/smoke detectors within the model, and they are paired off such that Heat1 and Smoke1 are adjacent, Heat2 and Smoke2 are ajdacent, and so on and so forth. The intention is that the grouped heat/smoke detectors are close enough to be exposed to the fire/smoke at a similar time - and will act as a single multi-criteria detector would. e.g. Heat1 and Smoke1 are Multi-criteria detector1.

I need to develop a custom control logic that will activate an exhaust system/make up air system after a 'multi-criteria detector' (heat/smoke detector grouping) is activated, and after a 30 second time delay.

My attempt is as follows:
&CTRL ID='MultiCriteria', FUNCTION_TYPE='ANY', INPUT_ID='multi1', 'multi2', 'multi3', 'multi4'/
&CTRL ID='multi1', FUNCTION_TYPE='ALL', LATCH=.TRUE., INPUT_ID='Smoke3', 'Heat3', 'SD30' /
&CTRL ID='multi2', FUNCTION_TYPE='ALL', LATCH=.TRUE., INPUT_ID='Smoke4', 'Heat4', 'SD30' /
&CTRL ID='multi3', FUNCTION_TYPE='ALL', LATCH=.TRUE., INPUT_ID='Smoke5', 'Heat5', 'SD30' /
&CTRL ID='multi4', FUNCTION_TYPE='ALL', LATCH=.TRUE., INPUT_ID='Smoke6', 'Heat6', 'SD30' /
&CTRL ID='SD30', FUNCTION_TYPE='ALL', LATCH=.TRUE., INPUT_ID='tdelay'/
&CTRL ID='tdelay', FUNCTION_TYPE='TIME_DELAY', DELAY=30, LATCH=.FALSE., INPUT_ID='MultiCriteria'/

This does not work, and I am not sure how to proceed further.

Could anyone assist?

Cheers,
Alex