Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Door & Window Leakage  (Read 2175 times)

Gary

• View Profile
Door & Window Leakage
« on: September 11, 2017, 05:08:33 am »

I want to simulate leakage through a door. I am currently using a 200 x 200 x 200 mesh due to the size of area being analysed.
I do recall there was a way to do this however it has been sometime since I used pyrosim.
many thanks.

LukeFire

• View Profile
Re: Door & Window Leakage
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:29:34 am »

Gary,

If you are referring to a simplisitic smoke 'leaking' through the 'cracks' of a door, initially you need to create two or more separate pressure zones between the two areas separated by the door. Within the zones you can specify an leakage area.

You can then create a 'air leak' surface and assign this to an obstruction. Also, assign the specific zones to the 'air leak' surface.

This should create the simple leakage path for smoke through a door.

However, please refer to the user guide which provides more details.

JoanneFraser

• View Profile
Re: Door & Window Leakage
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 05:00:03 pm »

I am sorry for being late, and that curious, but what do you actually needed this for? And another question, you want to simulate air leakage or maybe water leakage? As they are really different. A friend of mine, is working for a company that specializes in making windows and doors. So, his job consists from simulating all this kind of leakages and looking for the problems that could lead to this leakage. The company is really great, I got all the windows and doors from them, besides that, they can make Conservatories & Sunrooms Ireland , as I understood they are also some of the best in this.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:05:15 pm by JoanneFraser »