Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: One project with "FDS Parallel", Another one can be with "Run FDS" only??  (Read 1877 times)

mehar.afreen

• View Profile

Hello All,

I need to complete a project which is having 4 buildings basements, I don't have very much time duration for this project , I need to complete these all buildings within a short period. One of the Building basement CFD is already I put in simulation with "Run FDS parallel" , But due to urgency , I need to launch another project simultaneously. As I tried to run another project with "Run FDS Parallel" but its not getting started even. Hence I tried to run another one with "Run FDS" only, and it is getting started & running properly.

I request you all please give your suggestions whether the these solver can be run together/Simultaneously. Whether its going to give me correct results. Whether I m doing it correctly?? :'( if I m wrong, Please advise what should i do to run them simultaneously.

Looking forward for your valuable response.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Ms. Mehar Ansari

Jared

• View Profile
Re: One project with "FDS Parallel", Another one can be with "Run FDS" only??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 04:25:01 pm »

You posted this on the Pathfinder forum instead of the PyroSim one - you may get more responses if you repost it there.  From my understanding, Run FDS Parallel is going to take all available computer resources to run your model.  By running a second model simultaneously, you are splitting your resources further.  You are likely better off running one model in Run FDS Parallel and then running the second one the same way.  Others may have better advice on this topic though..

mehar.afreen

• View Profile
Re: One project with "FDS Parallel", Another one can be with "Run FDS" only??
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 06:30:43 am »

Dear Jared,

Thank you for your valuable response.

Regards,
Mehar