Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Assigning Exit Choice / Realistic Behaviours  (Read 1628 times)

J-Evac

• View Profile
Assigning Exit Choice / Realistic Behaviours
« on: December 15, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »

I am carrying out a mall evacuation simulation however I am having difficulties with occupants only wanting to go out their nearest final exit and ignoring large exits nearby while they queue for crowded exits. Image 1.

I am also having an issue where occupants enter the food court. I had to create this as a separate room as it has a much higher occupant density than the concourse. I added a full width door into the food court however occupants only want to use the nearest portion of the door and are all ignoring the center of the door. Image 2.

Occupants in the same area a while later continue queuing for the food court stairs and ignore an alternative exit route just across the concourse. Image 3.

I have attached images of the incidents.

Can I set occupants behaviours to alter this and make things a bit more realistic?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning Exit Choice / Realistic Behaviours
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 09:43:58 am »

You can change how occupants select doors by editing their profile settings, on the Door Choice tab. These options are explained in Chapter 5 of the Users Guide under Profiles. This should give you control over the first and third issues.

For the second issue - the really wide door - you have to break it up to give the occupants some doors to choose between. They aren't smart enough to make for a sub-part of a wide door.