Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pathfinder and pyrosim - fire simulation  (Read 2985 times)

Enghatmido

• View Profile
Pathfinder and pyrosim - fire simulation
« on: August 25, 2016, 01:39:30 pm »

I try to import data from pyrosim to pathfinder but the burning surface and soot visiblity doesn't work??!! Can any one tell me why??!
Thanks

Jared

• View Profile
Re: Pathfinder and pyrosim - fire simulation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 02:54:05 pm »

What exactly are you trying to do?  These are 2 separate programs used for different types of analysis.

Enghatmido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »

I make a room fire model in pyrosim and import it to pathfinder to make the evacuation of accupp. But the fire doesn't showed in pathfinder and the soot also. And the occup. Are waking on the burner vent.

Jared

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:57 pm »

I may be wrong since I haven't used Pathfinder much in the past year or so and there may be an update, but I don't believe that importing the PyroSim model into Pathfinder will include the FDS results.  I think all that is doing is importing the geometry.  What you are going to need to do is understand through FDS what your tenability criteria are and when they are exceeded.  For example, you will look at FDS and say, "Room 101's tenability criteria are exceeded at 600 seconds."  Then you will look at Pathfinder and see if occupants are in room 101 at 600 seconds.

There should be a better way to do this, and I would imagine Thunderhead is working on it.  For now, I am not sure that it exists.

Enghatmido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »

At first thanks for your concern, secondly in pyrosim 2014 there was a Evac menu that make like pathfinder for ocupp. evacuation with the simulation of the fire,but the thunerhead company delete this menu in pyrosim 2016 edition.
So i think that they should let the pathfinder to show the pyrosim full 3d resultsof pyrosim