Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Credentials Rejected and Error: Smokeview file  (Read 2087 times)

spyro

• View Profile
Credentials Rejected and Error: Smokeview file
« on: May 10, 2016, 09:19:04 pm »

Hello guys,

I want to ask some question about the problems when I try to run the FDS Parallel with very simple model.

The first question is why i still got the message that show "Credentials for DESKTOP-QIC2ROO\Christman rejected connecting to DESKTOP-QIC2ROO"?

although, I already follow the instruction from the pyrosim manual guide to remove and register the MPI Account.

The second question is about the message "Error: Smokeview file, coba.smv, not found", what is the cause of this message?

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Christman

P.S : For more information, Here I attach you my model and Log report

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Credentials Rejected and Error: Smokeview file
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 09:40:18 am »

I was able to run your PSM file without encountering an error so we can be confident that the problem is related to the configuration. Two questions:

1. What folder are are you using as a working directory (i.e. where is your PSM file stored)?

2. It looks like the account attempting to authenticate with MPI (DESKTOP-QICROO\Christman) is a local machine account rather than a domain account. Is the working directory from #1 a mapped or network location that requires different credentials?

dar123

• View Profile
Re: Credentials Rejected and Error: Smokeview file
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:20:24 am »

I had this problem a few weeks ago, windows made me change the password and afterwards the pds parallel didn't run.

I solved it by following the instructions on pyrosim manual (page 156) to change the password used by MPI. Maybe you already tried.

Good luck.