Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pyrosim crashes after two last updates  (Read 2491 times)

alina

• View Profile
Pyrosim crashes after two last updates
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:43:22 am »

After two last updates from April 2016, when trying to manipulate room object by pressing the dot in the corner of the room, pyrosim suddenly closes without saving the changes.
It happenes on all our computers having pyrosim installed.
Is there somebody else who encountered the same prosblem?

Thanks,
Alina

Jon Albrecht

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrosim crashes after two last updates
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:11:06 am »

Alina,

That sounds like we made a mistake! I'm having trouble recreating the problem. Can you provide any more specifics about which objects crash during manipulation?

--
Jon

alina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:04:42 pm »

Jon,

I've modeled a complex geometry structure consisting of number of floors and rooms in previous version of Pyrosim. Some of the objects were created using the "draw a room object" feature. Recently the building design was amended by the architect and dimensions of some rooms has changed. So I was trying to fit a new room dimensions to the new CAD files by dragging the corners of this rooms while pressing the dot in the corner. Sometimes Pyrosim will close after dragging the second or third corner of the room but usually closes almost instantly after pressing the dot of the room object.
I tried to draw a room in a completely new file and Pyrosim did not close.

Alina

Jon Albrecht

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 01:01:33 pm »

Interesting. Does the crash catcher dialog appear before PyroSim closes? If so, could you send me a copy of the log file? Thank you for your feedback.

--
Jon

alina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 11:02:56 am »

Hi
Sorry for late response, went on holiday. No crash dialog, just closes immediately.

Thank you

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

It's possible for crashes in our 3D rendering code to bypass the crash reporting system. The best way to capture information about these crashes it to run PyroSim from the console. Could you run PyroSim from the console and then send us any information that appears in the console after PyroSim shuts down?

To run PyroSim from the console:

1. In the Windows Start Menu, type cmd and click Command Prompt
2. Type "C:\Program Files\PyroSim 2016\pyrosim.exe" and press Enter

An example of the console output for a non-crash run is attached (2016-05-09_1047.png).

alina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 11:40:25 pm »

Hi
Attached crash report...

I am using the last version of pyrosim 2016.1.0425

Alina

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:15 am »

It's crashing in native code while attempting to render the 3D view.

Are all of the computers having this problem using the same hardware? If that's the case it may be a graphics card driver issue. In that case, the two suggested fixes to try are: (1) disable the hardware accelerated features in PyroSim using the Display tab in the Properties dialog and (2) update the graphics card drivers. I can help with the driver update if you send me info on your graphics card.

However, it seems more likely that albrecht is right and we made a mistake. This is the only report I have of this issue and I haven't been able to reproduce it. Can you share a model that has the "crashy" room geometry? I'm wondering if it has to have been created with a particular version of PyroSim to produce a crash in the current PyroSim.