Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: baroclinic torque and Pyrosim with FDS 5.5.1  (Read 4665 times)

Walther Groenewald

• View Profile
baroclinic torque and Pyrosim with FDS 5.5.1
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:38:11 am »

Hi,

I''ve run Pyrosim with FDS 5.5.1. In one model I''ve encountered numerical stability issues which I resolved by turning baroclinic torque off. However, I had to do this in the text file and couldn''t use the pyrosim interface to run the file as the default for baroclinic torque was switched around in moving from FDS 5.4 to version 5.5. If the baroclinic is turned off in the pyrosin interface, it actually writes baroclinic =.TRUE. in the FDS file, which now means that it will be included. Hence, there is no way to switch it of in pyrosim.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: baroclinic torque and Pyrosim with FDS 5.5.1
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:27:38 pm »

Thank you for pointing this out. From what I can tell, to work with versions prior to FDS 5.5, it should have been something like "Use Baroclinic Torque" and when selected, we should have printed "&MISC BAROCLINIC = TRUE/". I don''t think the current behavior is correct for either case.

I''ve added an entry to our issue tracker. It should be fixed in the next release. Let me know if you need something quicker, we may be able to arrange for a nightly build.