Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pyrosim Language - How to change the default language?  (Read 3838 times)

ptb1

• View Profile
Pyrosim Language - How to change the default language?
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:00:09 am »

Apologies if this is not the correct outlet for this topic, please advise where I should be posting if it isn´t...

I am in Spain, but I used the 2010 download from the folder of our London office (i.e. it was downloaded in England).  Despite it not asking anything about country or language during the installation, a large number of the menu items are in Spanish....does anybody know how to change this?  I can´t find an option anywhere within Pyrosim.... Is it licence specific??? 

Thanks in advance.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrosim Language - How to change the default language?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:58:51 am »

When you run PyroSim, the software automatically tries to determine your "locale" based on your system`s Regional and Language settings and display the more appropriate language.  You can override the default by explicitly setting the "user.language" property when launching the software.  For example:

To change PyroSim`s display language to English when launched from the Start Menu:

1. In the Windows Start menu, right click PyroSim 2010 and click Properties
2. In the Target box, after the last quote ( " ) mark, add a space and the following: -vmargs -Duser.language=en  The entire target should now be something like: "C:Program Files (x86)PyroSim 2010pyrosim.exe" -vmargs -Duser.language=en
3. Click OK to close the PyroSim 2010 Properties dialog

Now any time you launch PyroSim from that Start menu link, English will be the display language.

We`re looking at getting rid of the auto-detect feature and just having separate language downloads.

- Charlie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:01:01 am by Charlie Thornton »

ptb1

• View Profile
Re: Pyrosim Language - How to change the default language?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:47:01 am »

Fantastic, worked a treat!  Thanks very much.