Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Invisible  (Read 5391 times)

Joakim

• View Profile
Invisible
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:01:03 am »

Hi,
I shall present a building that has a saddle roof. The problem is that when I have simulated building comes many stripes instead of an invisible ceiling. This is because the FDS divide the object in to multiple objects. The stripes are the OBST are outlined. I know there is a possibility in the FDS can do Obst invisible. Is this a feature that comes in Pyrosim?

Sincerely

Joakim

Richard O'Konski

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 08:20:41 am »

Joakim,

If you hide the object in PyroSim by right-clicking the object and selecting "Hide Object(s)", then the object will also be "Invisible" in Smokeview when you run the simulation again.

Richard O''Konski
Thunderhead Engineering
Richard O'Konski
Thunderhead Engineering

Joakim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 05:45:43 am »

I''ve tried it and Obst come as a normal one. but when I say it should be the outline as I see the record view that there is color = invisible. but it comes out that outline. so it still does not look right.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:20 am »

Is it possible that you have a non-default Blockages setting in Smokeview?  Here is what my setting looks like (attached).

If you have one of the other View Method options selected it may be ignoring invisible - though my memory is a little shaky on that.

Joakim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 03:19:32 am »

The 2 at the top of the last one is not available to me.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 08:41:05 am »

The Smooth Blockages options aren''t particularly important for this, I was focusing on the View Method options.  When Defined in Input File is selected, INVISIBLE blockages are hidden.  The other options cause Smokeview to disregard the invisible color.

Joakim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 03:09:38 am »

When I export the FDS-file, so they are omitted OBST.
What can I do?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 07:48:10 am »

I don''t understand.  By "they are omitted OBST" do you mean that hidden objects are not showing up in your exported FDS input file?  This would happen if you disabled the objects or if they were not within the bounds of a MESH.  However, this sounds like a different problem than you mentioned before: hidden OBSTs appear as outlined.

Can you explain: (1) what settings you have applied to your OBSTs in PyroSim, (2) how the OBSTs appear in smokeview, and (3) how you believe they should appear in smokeview?

Joakim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 05:02:11 am »

I think I''ve found the problem why I did not get made objects invisible. This is because I overlap multiple objects. So I use Notepad to tell which objects I want invisible.