Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: registration problem  (Read 5426 times)

enronc

• View Profile
registration problem
« on: November 24, 2009, 10:39:13 am »

hi everybody, I'm using at the moment the free monthly license of Pyrosim 2010. When I want to register it, I write the key for the registration in view--->license--->serial key and it gives me error in "java(TM) platform binary" and after that I cannot work. How can I solve this problem?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: registration problem
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 11:46:36 am »

Could you post a screenshot?

Or better, start PyroSim in Safe Mode, then post a screenshot containing: the safe mode console window, the error dialog, and the activation dialog.

- Charlie

enronc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 03:58:34 am »

This is a screenshot of the problem:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2393/pyrosimproblem.jpg

Actually I cannot open the license dialog because my pc is blocked and it shuts down Pyrosim.
Thank you for your help!

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:17:41 am »

I don't immediately see the cause based on the error dialog or the safe mode window.  When you ran PyroSim in safe mode, did the software continue to crash?  Also, is this the first time you've installed PyroSim or is it possible that there may have been old files in the PyroSim 2010 folder?

- Charlie

enronc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:29:27 pm »

Hi all. I've tried to run the program in the safe mode and I have the same problem, it continues to crash. It is not the first time that I installed Pyrosim 2010, but I have tried also to uninstall it and reinstall it and I have the same problem. Making some attempt now I'm checking that I cannot open all the commands in the list "Help". Also trying to open "about us" it crashes (I have checked the task manager and the java reaches very high levels of ram use). Now I will send Charlie my Volume Serial Number and we make other attempts to understand what is the problem.
Thank you for your help Charlie.
Enrico

Lucos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:48:48 am »

Hi enronc!
I'm student in fire safety, and using Pyrosim 2010 for simulations. If you need help tell me. I don't really understand why it's not working.
see you!

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 11:00:29 am »

We made a bit more progress via email.  As I recall, we eventually got Enrico pretty well squared-away, though he may have been still having some trouble with the Help/About menu item causing a crash.

- Charlie

enronc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 06:41:14 am »

It is working now!
As I have noticed Charlie via email, I have succeded to register it in safe mode. I think the crash should be related to my graphic card.
Thank you for your help!