Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Credentials rejected  (Read 5656 times)

dar123

• View Profile
Credentials rejected
« on: March 02, 2016, 06:52:18 am »

Good morning,

I started a simulation on a new machine, with fds parallel. It was the first and machine asked for the password of user, I failed putting the password and simulation couldn't work.

The problem is that when I try to launch the simulation, it always give the same error and don't ask for the password any more:

Starting FDS: C:\Program Files\PyroSim 2015\fds\fds.exe...

Credentials for SIMULACIONS2-PC\SIMULACIONS2 rejected connecting to SIMULACIONS2-PC
read from stdin failed, error 6.[mpiexec@SIMULACIONS2-PC] ..\hydra\tools\demux\demux_select.c (78): select error (No such file or directory)

[mpiexec@SIMULACIONS2-PC] ..\hydra\pm\pmiserv\pmiserv_pmci.c (500): error waiting for event
[mpiexec@SIMULACIONS2-PC] ..\hydra\ui\mpich\mpiexec.c (1119): process manager error waiting for completion

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks!

LukeFire

• View Profile
Re: Credentials rejected
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:24:14 am »

Hi.

I have just encountered this same issue and thunderhead has resolved this issue for me.

I take it you have just downloaded the 2015.4.1214 version of Pyrosim? If so:

Please follow the recommendations under the heading 'Parallel Simulation (MPI) Problems' on page 151 of the user guide.

Instruct MPI to authenticate using an alternate account and this should resolve this problem.

This being said, please read the release notes as well provided on the download page.

I hope this is of assistance.

Luke.

dar123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:01:49 am »

Thanks Luke,

I enter with an alternate account and it works.

I think there have to be one file modified with this password information and it's only modified once, but I don't know which.

For the moment I'll use this alternate account to keep working.

Thanks again!

Kostas-p

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:56 am »

Hello everybody,

I experience the same problem over here, i entered the wrong password and came up with the  same errors  dar123 did.   Everytime i run fds parallel i keep getting the same errors and there is no asking of a new correct password. Is there any way to 'reset' the wrong password and apply the correct one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kostas
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:08:42 am by Kostas-p »

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 08:15:03 am »

LukeFire's suggestion is the right idea. You can use the mpiexec -register to either switch to an alternate account or to re-enter an incorrect or changed password. The alternate account is really only necessary if your normal account uses a blank password or doesn't have sufficient privileges to run the simulations.