Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Stairs  (Read 3186 times)

timslingsby

• View Profile
Stairs
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:37:19 pm »

from going through the example guide, it implies users are able to click on one abject, then click on another to connect the two via stairs. i have not found this to be the case. i have found you must select either a step count, a total rise, a total run or a total length. it is also very unclear as to which direction the stair is placed (moving upwards or downwards, and there is adjustable.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Stairs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:55:34 am »

If you're using the #1 stair tool, you have to type in all of the parameters and it'll make the stairway you ask for even if it doesn't really match up with anything.  If you hold CTRL down while you mouse around to find the right place to start the stairway, it'll go down instead of up.

I prefer the #2 stair tool.  With it you click the first stair edge, then the second stair edge.  Then you don't really have to worry about up/down and it'll get matched up for you.  You do have to have both floors in place before you start though.  If the first click is a click+drag you can alter the width of the stairway.  The first click just marks the edge with a pink color, the stairway won't show up until after you're hovering over the destination edge.

Since you mention step count, I'm guessing you've been using the #1 tool.  That's probably why you haven't been seeing the "click each edge" approach the manual talks about.

- Charlie