Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Inertia parameter  (Read 1811 times)

olafalbano

• View Profile
Inertia parameter
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:35 am »

Hey guys,
I got a question, in Technical Reference document in the paragraph, Path Following in Steering Mode, indicates that the inertia Parameter must be enabled to allow the occupants accelerate.
Where is this parameter(on, off)?
I have tested some sceneries and in Steering mode, the acceleration is always present.
The acceleration of the occupants will be only modified by the parameter Acceleration time.
Is this so?.
Greetings.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Inertia parameter
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:55:57 pm »

That section of the manual is out of date. There used to be a check box in the Behavior tab of the Simulation Parameters dialog when the Steering Behavior Mode was selected. Inertia is now always on in Steering mode.

I've added an item to our issue tracker to review that section of the technical reference.

olafalbano

• View Profile
Re: Inertia parameter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 07:11:41 am »

Thanks very much Charlie. I have the last version and couldn't find this parameter, perfect then.
I got another question Charlie, I was expecting your answer to formulate another one.
What kind of heuristic is used in A* algorithm? I suppose that Pathfinder will use Manhattan distance , |Dx|+|Dy|+|Dz|, but I need to be sure of them.
I would like to congratulate to you and all team by the development of the tool and the present performance of it,a incredible work.
Greetings.