Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Staircase simulation  (Read 3014 times)

xyinnn

• View Profile
Staircase simulation
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:29 am »

I need help with regards to simulation

My model has few staircases located at different areas, how do i appoint occupants to different staircases during the simulation?

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Staircase simulation
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:56:13 pm »

In the current version of Pathfinder, there is not a "stairwell" object that you can assign agents to like you can with elevators.

A way to accomplish something similar to this, is to create a room goal behavior that will direct agents to the landing on the lowest floor of a particular stairwell.  This will instruct the agents to first go down to the landing, and then to the nearest exit from there.
You can also use Waypoints in a similar way, but room goals tend to be easier to setup.

Once you have your behaviors set, you can assign groups of agents to the different landings.  If you right click an occupant group, and then click on properties, you can even assign a distribution of different behaviors across the group.

-Bryan

sterzaalessio@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:32:45 am »

Hi, I'm work with a complex model for a building in which there are 8 floors and 6 stairs.
I have created the geometry with pyrosim but when I import the model file in pathfinder the stairs are not recognized.
I have created the stairs for each floors and I merged the surfaces above and below the stairs with the corrisponding step of the stairs.
When I run the model I don't see the occupant agent walking through the floors
Which is a way to accomplish this?
Which is a way to created a room goal behavior as written in the previous answer? :o

Thanks,
Alessio

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:30:47 am »

Please send your Pathfinder file to support@thunderheadeng.com for review and comment.

Thank you,
-Bryan Klein