Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: "NKB level"?  (Read 2853 times)

wilsonobre

• View Profile
"NKB level"?
« on: July 16, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »

Do you know what is meaning NKB levels in PyroSim? If you have some knowledge about the NKB level, please help us! Thank you
Here is an extract of the text where we find the term: "... It is not a new approach in engineering applications. The concept was first implemented in 1963. The approach was then converted into a five stage framework called NKB level for use in five countries in Northern Europe..."

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: "NKB level"?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:43 am »

I am not familiar with that term. Where did the quote you posted come from?

wilsonobre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 08:56:18 pm »

Take a look on this .pdf, the text is highlighted with a baby blue color! I hope you can help us, thank you!

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:53 am »

Of the three standards they referenced, BS 6019:1980 was the only one I was able to find more information on and I think it might get you closer to what you want to know:

BS 6019:1980 - Recommendations for performance standards in building. Contents and presentation (British Standard)

wilsonobre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:36:30 pm »

Well Thank you, Mr. Thornton! I made a lot of researchs, and I found that, the NKB Levels (Nordic Regulations on Fire Safety in Buildings) is nothing more than a set of regulations on design of buildings / buildings where action will be taken in case of fire, ie, have structures that must be followed to obtain better performance in case of fire.
I'm trying to attach a file but it's too large, send me your e-mail, sure I can send u materials of my research

Best Regards

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:07:13 am »

The best email to use is: support@thunderheadeng.com

That guarantees it is in our system for later reference and we can route it to someone that is best able to help you.