Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Simulation  (Read 1981 times)

rafael

• View Profile
Simulation
« on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:23 am »

I did a simulation of a department store with 6 floors i three floors of parking below ground.
When I imported the file with the Pathfinder 2013 I get this message and the program moves to evacuate about 600 people.
that's what I'm doing wrong?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Simulation
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:41:01 am »

Most of those messages relate to the simulator deciding how to name images in the simulation folder. They shouldn't cause any problems. The first three error/fix messages are important.

Pathfinder can only simulate doors that are represented as a single edge on the triangulated mesh. For one reason or another, you have three doors that were split into two edges by the triangulation algorithm. (e.g. possibly some geometric element is connected to one side of the door)

Pathfinder compensated for this problem by using the longest edge of the door and discarding the rest. For each door you lost 0.07 m, 0.19 m, and 0.003 m respectively. You should take a look at the doors indicated by the log file and see if you can clear away the intersecting geometry or re-create the door so that you get the flow rates you think you should be getting.