Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: BRE 368 and smoke layer  (Read 4273 times)

Krcho

• View Profile
BRE 368 and smoke layer
« on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:10 am »

Hello,

I have a problem with smoke in mall (atrium).

I simulated the atrium in pyrosim.and calculated it in program SPRED about BRE 368, that I would like have the smoke layer 3 m from roof. In the roof I have 10 pcs ventilators with total volume 82,22 m3/s and heat flux was 5000 kW. I would like clear hight in balcony min. 2,5 m. The door on the balcony have 3 m. The fire have the max heat flux in 300 s. When I have 300 s, that I have smoke layer in 3 m from roof and clear hight on the balcony I have min. 2,5 m, but after, when I have 600 s, that the smoke go down and I have all atrium with smoke and I have not clear hight withou the smoke.  I can not have smoke layer in the same hight. Where can I do any fail?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: BRE 368 and smoke layer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:27:17 am »

I'm not familiar with SPREAD. If FDS and another model are giving you different results and you are confident that you don't have an input error, the only idea I can suggest is that you research how well each model handles the scenario. FDS provides a verification and validation document gives details about FDS's different capabilities. Here is a link to the FDS documentation:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-EZ4HlrI6VDUWtRN1N0MmM5c1U#list

If you think you might have a problem with the simulator input, we may be able to help if you can share the PSM or FDS file (or a fragment of the FDS input file).

Krcho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 05:17:54 am »

Hello,

It is not problem. Here is my FDS file

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 09:27:17 am »

I don't see any obvious problems. You may want to check your soot yield in the polyurethane reaction against the assumptions in SPREAD.