Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pyrosim coupled with FDS 6.0 beta  (Read 4299 times)

siggibjarni

• View Profile
Pyrosim coupled with FDS 6.0 beta
« on: October 08, 2013, 11:02:18 am »

Hi all,

I just downloaded FDS 6.0 Beta Version and wanted to make it work with Pyrosim 2012.1.
Can you advice me how I couple these two together.
One thing I came across is that in Pyrosim File<Preferences<FDS there is a list og Executable locations and these point to FDS 5 locations.
How do I change that and where do I find / download these executable files?

Siggi Gislason

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pyrosim coupled with FDS 6.0 beta
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:03:30 pm »

The Preferences dialog is the correct place to specify the location of your alternate FDS executables (included with the version of FDS you separately installed). If you don't know where the installer put them, you can search your computer for "fds.exe" or "fds_mpi.exe".

Because PyroSim 2012 was made for FDS5 and there have been changes to the input for FDS6, PyroSim 2012 does not work very well with FDS6. If you explicitly define a reaction and stick to basic features, you may be able to run some simple models.

If you'd like to use PyroSim with FDS6, I suggest you try out our PyroSim 2013 beta. We're calling it an "alpha" because it doesn't contain some HVAC features that we plan to include in the full release. It includes FDS6 and is designed to run with the newer version.

http://www.thunderheadeng.com/2013/09/pyrosim-2013-1-0911-alpha/

okicizepa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:25 am »

Hello!
I've installed PyroSim 2013 with FDS6 but I can't make simulator work. EVERY time i get CreateProcess failed. I thought it's because my input was created with 2012. And so I've built 3 walls with little fire in 2013 and I still got the error. Does FDS works?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:08 am »

okicizepa,

I've created a separate topic to discuss the problem you have found: http://www.thunderheadeng.net/forum/index.php/topic,1420.0.html

swenson

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:07:34 am »

Siggi Gislason,

I have been running some HVAC validation and example problems using PryoSim 2013. I noticed you posted an HVAC request on the FDS-SMV forum and just wanted to touch base and find out how your HVAC problem is going.

Dan Swenson

siggibjarni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 03:30:40 am »

Hi Dan Swenson,

Thank you.
I have sent you a personal message.

I have managed with a phone hint from Thunderhead to couple these things together, and now there is out new tutorial about HVAC room and some included in the new main user's guide.

Siggi Gislason