Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Importing Revit to Pyrosim  (Read 5678 times)

Wiib

• View Profile
Importing Revit to Pyrosim
« on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:21 am »

I'm having a problem importing Revit files to Pyrosim. I tried importing a Revit file by exporting it into a .dwg file, using the ASCI solids option, like it was described in the manual, but when i imported it to Pyrosim some objects simply disappeared as if they weren't even imported. If i use the polymesh option, all the objects are imported but then i get the thin obstructions problem. In both steps, all objects are visible when i check the .dwg file in AutoCAD before importing to Pyrosim.

Bryan Klein

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
    • Thunderhead Eng. Site
Re: Importing Revit to Pyrosim
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:14:38 am »

Please send your dwg files to support@thunderheadeng.com and we will look into the problem further.

Wiib

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 04:45:11 am »

I've sent my .dwg files to your e-mail as requested.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:01:58 pm »

Thank you for sending in the DWG file. The model is importing incorrectly because of a bug in PyroSim. Unfortunately, we don't have a very good understanding of the bug and cannot figure out a good workaround for you. I think it is related to this:

http://www.thunderheadeng.net/forum/index.php/topic,1323.0.html

We made some significant rewrites in the next generation of the importer code. That code is in Pathfinder right now and imports your model correctly. The updated code will almost certainly be included with PyroSim 2013, and I'm confident that it will fix this bug. Unfortunately, we aren't far enough along for me to do a test or convert the file to a PyroSim or FDS for you. At the moment, we seem to be stuck.

I'll let you know if we figure something out.

Wiib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:18 am »

Ok. I guess i'll just have to wait. Meanwhile i'll try to use a normal Revit export and replace some of the thin obstructions with pyrosim's obstructions.
Thanks for your help anyway!