Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Error message  (Read 5134 times)

Sofia

• View Profile
Error message
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:49:05 am »

Hi,

When I start a simulation in Pathfinder I get an error message looking like the attached file.
Does anyone know what this message means and what I should do to get my simulation running?

Thank you!

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Error message
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:17:17 am »

I'm not familiar with this error. The function that is causing problems (WriteMesh.strNodeList) is one of the functions used to generate the text input file for the simulation. If an occupant is given a list of exits (e.g. exit1 and exit2), its job is to create a string that looks like "exit1, exit2" or "any" for the [profiles] section of the input file. The error you are seeing is probably a problem with a temporary data structure that holds information about rooms and doors, but I'm not clear how that could be happening. It looks like Pathfinder thinks that occupants want to walk to door or rooms that don't exist or were deleted or ...something.

What version of Pathfinder are you using? (Help/About, Revision).

Can you post your PTH file or send it to support@thunderheadeng.com?

drheavy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:12:46 am »

I have the same errors in Pathfinder 2013 beta and 2012 x64 while running examples from the program directory. How can i fix it? My system is Win7 x64.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 08:04:10 am »

Thank you for the additional information. Do you remember which example led to the crash? Does it crash every time or just occasionally?

drheavy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:09:48 am »

All examples, every time.
The problem disappeared after starting of the program as administrator. Thank you.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:58:02 pm »

I understand now. It's bad practice of us to include the examples\ folder with content inside the \Program Files\* folder hierarchy. On Windows Vista and later, users are required to elevate to administrator for write access to those folders. To avoid the permissions issue: After loading an example problem from \Program Files\PyroSim 2013\examples, you can use File\Save As... to save to a different location (e.g. something in the Documents folder) before running the problem.

ignat911

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 08:53:52 am »

Hello, I have a problem  Win 8.1 x64:
Pathfinder Version: 2013.1.1011 x64
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at inferno.sim.steering.locallyquickest.LocallyQuickest.getValidLocalTargets(Unknown Source)

at inferno.sim.steering.locallyquickest.LocallyQuickest.getPath(Unknown Source)

at inferno.sim.steering.PathFollow.planPath(Unknown Source)

at inferno.sim.steering.inverse.InvSteerUtil.generateSeekCurve(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.steering.inverse.Seek.generateSeekCurve(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.steering.inverse.NavigateMesh.generateSeekCurve(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.OccAgent.init(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.Engine$InitProc.process(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.Engine$AAgentProc.process(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.sim.Engine$AAgentProc.process(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.util.MTListProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.util.MTListProcessor.run(Unknown Source)
   at inferno.util.MTListProcessorThread$ThreadProc.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 09:03:40 am »

At a guess, I'd say your model either has a point goal or a relatively narrow door combined with an occupant size distribution. Both of which should work just fine, but two parts of the code appear to be having a different opinion on the reachable-ness of a door and those are the only causes I can think of. Can you share your model?

ignat911

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 11:41:52 am »

Thank you, Charlie, but I unfortunately deleted the model and created again. Now there is no problem.