Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: online training?  (Read 4045 times)

konradwilkens

• View Profile
online training?
« on: March 06, 2012, 10:41:56 pm »

Hi I just wanted to inquire if there was any online training or tutorials that I could do for pyrosim, I know there is the example guide but I would like to do some more complex examples that cover some of the feature in more detail.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: online training?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43:03 am »

At this time, our training resources include the video demos and the example problems on our documentation page.

Bryan Klein has been working to assemble online teaching materials that I believe will be a mixture of free and paid. He'll be at the SFPE Atlanta Chapter Meeting early next week - he's giving a two-day course on PyroSim and Pathfinder. My understanding is that one of the side-effects of that trip will be to coalesce our training materials into something we can offer online. I do not think that these materials will be available immediately (unless you book a flight to Atlanta next week).

Another option for additional training is Dave McGill at Seneca University. He offers a self-paced, distance learning fire modeling course that includes training on both PyroSim and Pathfinder that he has developed in collaboration with Thunderhead.