Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Translate Floors  (Read 3570 times)

CRL

• View Profile
Translate Floors
« on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:14 am »

Hi,
I have created a two story structure using graphical floor plans as background images. When importing I scaled them well, but I guess I got the anchor point wrong? I have created the floors and rooms but when I went to connect them with stairs i realized the floor plans don't line up and the stairs I need wont connect in the correct shaft position. Its not necessary for this to be a highly detailed model so perfection isn't required, but the stairs would be around 15 feet off. Is there anyway to translate the floor plane/layout so I could line up my stair shafts?

Thanks in advance!

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Translate Floors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:46:44 am »

If you want to move your anchor point, you can click "Configure Background Image" (the toolbar icon looks like a portait) or you can edit the image settings within the Manage Floors Dialog.

If you want to leave your image in place and shift the rest of the geometry around, you can select everything then use the Copy/Move... and Scale... actions on the model menu.

I don't think I've figured out how to visualize your trouble. If everything is correct but the location of the stair is skewed somehow relative to the rest of the geometry, you might need to combine the approaches to get everything to line up again.

CRL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:38:30 am »

Ah, excellent and thank you for your quick response! I was unaware of the move/copy feature. I was able to just select the whole thing and click a point and move the entire floor to where it needed to be.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »

I'm glad it worked. I gave you bad instructions for editing the background image - I was thinking of PyroSim. In Pathfinder you can edit a background image by right-clicking it in the tree, then clicking Properties on the context menu.