Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Importing Excel-spreadsheets for ramps etc  (Read 4119 times)

Ratas

• View Profile
Importing Excel-spreadsheets for ramps etc
« on: March 09, 2011, 06:27:13 am »

Hi,
I wonder if its possible to import data for e.g. design fire curve-ramps from excel spreadsheet?
It's not that its impossible amount of work to do it manually, but would be really convenient if there is some way to import.

BR
Aleksi

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Excel-spreadsheets for ramps etc
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:19:56 am »

You should be able to just copy the data from your RAMP table in Excel (CTRL+c) and paste it into the corresponding PyroSim table (CTRL+v). If your Excel columns are in a different order from the PyroSim table, you can paste one column of data at a time (in PyroSim, select the top cell in the target column prior to CTRL+v).

Ratas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:04 am »

Back with this problem, still can't do it, Pyrosim says: "the copied values could not be pasted to following cells: Column "Fraction" Row 1...
This time my design fire requires pretty dense set of datapoints, what could be the problem?
I have european settings, as it seems to be also  in pyrosim if I enter values by hand. What other sources for this problem could there be?

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:46 am »

Do you use a comma as the decimal separator (rather than the period), and is this consistent between PyroSim and excel? If so, we might have some trouble in the copy/paste data exchanger.

Ratas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:58:10 am »

Sorry for the delay, so busy at the moment.
yes, I use comma in both Excel and Pyrosim.

On a sidenote, a suggestion for future updates: when using the "plot time history results"-window, it would be really handy to be able to reload it, in similar way you can reload in smokeview by pressin u.

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:54:01 am »

What version of PyroSim are you using? I just learned that versions of PyroSim 2010 prior to 2010.2.0111 had a bug that caused exactly the problem you are describing. In January 2011, we released a patch. You can see the release note here:

http://www.thunderheadeng.com/2011/01/pyrosim-2010-2-0111/

If you have a more recent version, then we must have missed something and need to release another update. Message or email me for download instructions if needed.

Ratas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:24:30 am »

Thanks, it seems I have missed the update for some reason!
This will make life much easier for me.