Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: Pathfinder 2011-0-0215 Beta  (Read 3874 times)

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Pathfinder 2011-0-0215 Beta
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:11:09 am »

Beta testers, please post comments for this beta release in this thread.

CWU@LMDG

• View Profile
Re: Pathfinder 2011-0-0215 Beta
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:00:29 am »

Hi,

Im not sure if this is really a "beta testing" concern but a comment none the less. I opened a model in the "2011 beta" version that i had made with the 2009 version. i saved it within the 2011 beta version and was unable to open it again with the 2009 version. i know that is is normal with other programs but usually when you save you have a drop down bar and can save it as different versions. for example if im working in autocad 2011 i can save it as an autocad 2007 file and pass it on to someone with the older software or for whatever other purpose.

As I am not a programmer i do not know what goes into making that happen or if its possible with this type of program ... just putting it out there

thanks Charlie,

Colin

Charlie Thornton

• Thunderhead
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder 2011-0-0215 Beta
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 03:08:30 pm »

Thanks. The ugly part of this is that you can effectively destroy files that you still needed to use with the old version. From a programming standpoint, Pathfinder isn't put together in a way that would make it easy to save different versions. However, we can try to do better about warning people that saving with a newer version will have this impact.