Thunderhead Engineering Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum moved to https://forum.thunderheadeng.com

Author Topic: CPU Usage graphs  (Read 36 times)

roborob

• View Profile
CPU Usage graphs
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:30 am »

Hi.

I am new to Pyrosim, I was expecting there to be a function that would give me some feedback on CPU usage so I accurately predict how long the simulation would take (and optimise). Is there something like this? For example:
-A graph of seconds simulated per step/wall clock time per step.
-A breakdown of what % of the time is spent in each routine as the simulation progresses. i.e. what percentage of the simulation is in PART/COMM/FIRE etc, perhaps every 30 seconds or so. so I can see where to optimise.

I think this would be really useful, for example, before I used Pyrosim I would look at the cpu.csv with excel and I noticed that all my runs were going half the speed from Friday night to Monday morning. My sims were running on Windows computers that I would access with RDP and when I shut down the RDP session the simulations would still run, but because they were not in console mode (but effectively in the log in screen mode) windows would slow down the CPUs. It was so much easier to diagnose this when you have a graph of simulation speed against simulation time. Same goes for  PART slowdown when I am doing a sprinkler simulation, way easier to see with a  graph.

I suppose I could just make a standard excel file to do this, but I just want to see if Pyrosim has it built in first.